Tuesday, July 17, 2007

talk to the hand


yesterday was a very rough day at the professional thingy. meeting after meeting after metting left me completely exhausted by 5pm and at one point i truly feared that if someone gave me one more piece of information, my head might explode.

i even took a seat at reception in between meetings for a third part of a minute hence--and the receptionist asked "is everything ok?" because i was sort of staring blankly ahead trying to calm, organize and file my mental accordion file of notes. this is what happens when you have four meetings with no time scheduled between. oops!

finally, when i headed home around 7 or so, i kept my digits crossed that jacqueline wouldnt be home. alas, pulling into the parking garage i saw her car (a 1980's chevy cavalier convertible) and thought OH GREAT. luckily as i got out, and was closing my trunk i saw her step off the lift and was walking to her car.

"hi jacqueline"

"what? oh, hi hiii"

"how are you"

"hmm? oh, sorry, i am trying to prepare for my theater group which i am headed to"

"oh, ok, well have a good--"

"sorry, i REALLY need to prepare"


EWWW. ok, so its SMALL TALK, and if you were trying to prepare, you should have done that ALL DAY WHEN YOU WERE AT HOME NOT WORKING.

besides, if she is a bit underprepared, i'm sure james earl jones, al pacino and meryl streep wont mind--i mean it is such an important theater group, i'm sure.

other than that, i went to get my cleaning who charged me $3.25 per shirt to be DRY CLEANED and pressed. i have made my feelings on illegal aliens well know (YOU ARE ALL ILLEGAL TO ME) and jesus, you should be able to understand "wash and press" if you work in, you know, a LAUNDROMAT.

No comments: