Thursday, July 19, 2007

thats a shame


so #2 sends me a text this morning to let me know a casual friend of ours was hit by a car! the text read "oh, and barrett was hit by a car."


oh, OKAY. that clears it up. apparently he had a seizure walking on the street, fell, got hit. luckily he was out of the hospital after one evening--but still, how scary. incidentally this is the second friend of mine to be nailed by a car. the other guy i dated briefly, and he was hit and killed two months later. this is why i like subways.

today is a good day. i got in around 6am, headed up to rehearsal at 9 to listen a bit to the beethoven piano concerto that is being performed this evening, and i'm excited for it. plus i'll bring my parents for a bit of the concert tonight since their arrival into LA is imminent. what else i'll do with them is unclear, but i am headed to colorado on saturday for my 10yr HS reunion which should be amusing given that my four good high school friends are attending--including crazy vanessa.

those starbucks people i made fun of yesterday? well this morning after the rehearsal, i went to starbucks and after ordering i realised i forgot my wallet! i tried to cancel my order but the girl was like "oh no, thats ok, i rememebr you--just get us next time." that was nice but the line "-just get us next time" annoyed me, its like the guys on craigslist who are like "hit me back, brah."

speaking of craigslist--we can be sure padma and gail wouldnt approve.

No comments: