Monday, July 30, 2007

yawn


i woke up today, less hungover than normal, and dreaded the thought of coming to work today. true, i normally feel a fair amount of suicidal tendencies when its 4am, but still. i dragged my butt down to my car to make the very easy drive downtown for a 515am bikram class. i am starting a challenge this week whereby i plan on going 22 times by september 1. now, its not as rigourous a programme as the typical challenge which is 26 classes in 30 days, but its close enough.

yesterday after watching the hours (so now ben knows all our references thereto) and big brother, and finishing 1.5bottles of wine (THANKS GUYS) i got home, showered all nice and headed to o bar to see the waiter that i like. i think he's good for a friend--because honestly, attractive waiters are a dime a dozen and i think "oh, he's cute....but he's a waiter. hmm, i'd probably have to pay for everything" so dating a waiter is, for me, not a possibility. i mean what would we do? WALK? anyhow, went to o bar, and some other guys came up and started talking with me, and this one guy got me going on arrested development so we had a RIOT of a time re-hashing scenes about buster.

it really is a great show.

and i told the waiter about what mother asked me last weekend. so the other weekend when the parents were here, we ate at o bar, because its just down the street from le casa. well the waiter, zach, was waiting on us and i knew him just from him having waited on me a handful of times before. WELL i thought he was a bit more eye-contacty than normal that night. fast forward a few days and mother and i are walking back from gelsons:

mom: so did you know that guy from the other night?
me: what night?
mom: when we were at dinner at o, something
me: no, why.
mom: well i thought you...knew him. there was just a lot of direct eye contact
me: MOM! no, he has just waited on me before

so that was weird. but at the end of the night (around 11pm) i walked down to get a few slices since i knew last night would be the last hurrah of treating my body like jacqueline treats her striped hot pants--ie HORRIBLY. got my slices, walked over to the abbey to get a cab back. what, did you think i was going to walk back?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So THIS is what my children think of me when I'm not around.

Neil J. Young said...

QUEEN.